Annual reports can be framed in all the available formats, sizes, and presentations. With the internet and advanced technology many company’s posts their annual reports on websites rather than printing them and mailing. An annual report can be presented in any video form, a postcard, or a slideshow. Over a decade the presentations of annual report design had changed dramatically and differed from company to company. In recent years, annual reports had taken the form of a nonprofit’s form which lends full support, to frame a fundraising campaign. Hence, they provide the best opportunity to the organizations to keep engaged and stay connected with people across the world regardless of their brand, product, or service, be it any stakeholders, employees, or customers.
An annual report is thus a great form of strategic communication and compelling document of any organization which when mixed with graphic designing techniques takes the form of marketing tool that boosts the confidence levels of stakeholders for the steady growth of their organization. It is thus that concrete document of a company that is assessed by any shareholders and financial institutions in the fiscal year. Hence keep your content accurate, semantics as well as add graphics designs before creating your annual report to look attractive and grab the attention of stakeholders and financial institutions. If you are looking for creating unique designed annual reports then please follow these below-mentioned tips to create a compelling annual report.
Steps to Create and Design a Unique Annual Report:
- When creating an annual report try to focus on your accomplishments rather than stating the activities performed year long. Help the stakeholders understand what were the activities done by you till the financial year and how they helped you to achieve your mission. Create and present your annual report in such a way that they inspire them.
- Add photographs where ever necessary as they are a great way to express a thousand Include pictures of those people or animals that you helped rather than listing the company’s CEO, Employees, or Board members. Give your stakeholders good story with possible illustrations that match with your content straight away. Take help of professional photographer or stock photography and give them captions. Let your photo captions speak the whole story.
- Always include real stories about real people and tell about your accomplishments that you have achieved and then include personal profiles to humanize your statistical reports. Showcase whom you helped and how they got benefited by you.
- Many stakeholders face problem while reading the financial statements. Include numbers or paragraphs to help them read and understand in simple English. Convert your information into infographics and present your text in a more simplified manner that makes people eyes glaze over. It not only generates confidence but also stimulates interest in the investors and venture capitalists thereby enhance the growth and progress of the organization. It helps to know the present status of the company to arrive at lucrative decisions.
- Create and design your annual report in such a way that they include social media sites as well which reach the public instantly to spread the right message across the world at the same time. Hence create a document that wins the heart of stakeholders to read your annual report and make it success to beat the competition in the same community.
Be clear what you want to include in your annual report. Frame in such a way with the best content, illustrative photographs and graphic designs that speak everything about your company without the need of reading the whole report. Include all aspects of designing such as physical and digital solutions to reach across all the devices and media.